Tuesday, February 17, 2009

2nd Update


Alright, so the big news out of the last couple days is that I finally got a car. So that means a little more added freedom. It's a tiny red Toyota something, but just real small. Clifford (the name I have given it as in the kids book or whatever Clifford the Big Red Dog that I remember as a little kid) and I have been able to go a couple different places. I'm still getting accustomed to the roads and such here. They drive on the wrong side of the road over here. Just have to fully concentrate to drive on the left side of the road here, and the driver's side is on the right.  (Cliff and I on the right)

I don't want to have a repeat of what happened to one of the other imports, Jason. He got his car several days before I did, and managed to get into a car accident pretty much his first time driving. It's kind of a joke now, but luckily he was ok. His accident basically delayed me getting one as Andy (our coach) got a little paranoid about giving out the other ones and delayed giving me one till just yesterday. Even then I felt like I was taking a driving test as Andy made me drive him around a little bit. I imagine he wanted to see if I was capable and knew what I was doing. Seriously tho, it is something that I want to be conscience of because if I was to wreck in Clifford, it wouldn't be good. It's just such a small car. 

With regards to basketball, we had another practice last night. I think it went well. The team had already been practicing I guess 2 weeks before we arrived, so everything seems to flow pretty well. Also helps that this group has been together for some seasons before as well. Outside of Jason and I learning what's going on everybody else knows what to do. I'm coming along just fine tho. The offense we run isn't very complicated so I'm picking it up ok. A major difference that I've noticed versus college is the 24 second shot clock. I knew coming in it would be different, but basically once you get the ball up the floor and you get into an offense all the time allows is 1 maybe 2 ball reversals and then you have to shoot. Not all that bad tho. 

Lastly, if anybody has skype then give me a try at lukepayne10 from time to time. Love to talk whenever possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment