Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Lightning 3-0

This past Friday night we had another game at home. During the week leading up to the game, most of the fans I ran into kept saying that we should have a pretty easy time with the team we were playing. It was far from that. It was a tough and physical game. We seemed to be a little shocked and were down at halftime. In the second half we came out with more energy and a sense of urgency and ended up pulling away and winning by about 10 or 11. I played a fairly good game. I believe I finished with 22 points, but I struggled in the second half. I think part of the problem was that I got tired. That's something I'm still working on and need to improve, my endurance. The game can get fairly lengthly with a 24 second shot clock and 48 minute game. In this game I played 44 minutes. That's a good deal more than I ever played in college on a given night. 

Our next game is this Saturday. We have to make about a 5 hour bus ride up north to play apparently a very tough team. It's going to be a real challenge for us. We are going to be without one of our top inside players and the consistent league leader in rebounds every year (also didn't have him this past Friday). That will give them a significant advantage. That's ok tho, I'm looking forward to it. It's traditionally a testy contest and will provide us good assessment of where we are against the rest of the better teams in the league. 

No comments:

Post a Comment