Sunday, March 29, 2009

First Loss

Alright, so we've lost our first game of the season. We didn't just lose either, we got smoked. Saturday night saw us make a 5 hour bus trip to a town up north on the coast called Geraldton, get smacked around then have to make the trip home in the middle of the night. Not fun. The opposing team exposed all the weaknesses and faults that I have talked about in earlier posts. It's just that they were good enough to punish us, and I mean punish us. However, we didn't play well and were missing an important player. They are better than us right now, but I know they are not 35 points better. It will provide us a good opportunity to see what areas we need to improve drastically in order to be around come the end of playoff time. As for me I feel I had a decent game. I just had to work extremely hard for whatever I got. There weren't many easy looks in this game. Think I finished with 23 points. 

All and all, minus the past game, everything in general is still going well for me. It is a good and fun group of teammates and I'm still enjoying everything about Australia. I haven't had much time to see much of anything that I assume would be considered very exciting lately, but again its still enjoyable. A couple days ago, Jason and I went with a couple teammates to go eat and hang out a lil bit at a restaurant that was right on the beach. It was a good time. There was good food, a  live band playing, and then a clear day with the sun setting over the ocean. Made for a very relaxing and neat evening. So, basically I'm still not homesick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment