Thursday, April 23, 2009

Nice Road Win

This past Saturday we made the road trip into somewhat of the interior of Western Australia to the mining town Kalgoorlie. This wasn't just a short ride, it was an 8 hour bus ride. This would equal about one of the longest bus rides I've ever made to play a game. The difference is that in the past we have never made such a long ride and then played the SAME day. Yep, thats what we did. Well not only did we do that but we played a really good game and ended up winning against one of the better teams in the league. They had also won the league championship each of the last two years. Needless to say, everybody was very excited. Of course we knew we could win, but given the circumstances of the trip and also that very few teams ever win there it was a good feeling, and made the ride home a lot easier. As for me, I also had a very good game. I think I scored like 21 points in the first half, and in the second half they made it more difficult by throwing a box in one on me and I finished with 30 points. However, late in the game they had cut our lead to 4 points and not too long after that I hit a couple big shots that gave us a little more space. That was then tho, and now we got another big game this week against the team that is tied with us atop the standings. So obviously, whoever wins will be in first place in the league at this moment. Let you know how it goes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment